Sunday, August 31, 2014

Cool Day at the Beach

Cool Day at the Beach  -  pastel, 8x10" SOLD
Well, summer is definitely winding down around here.  In a couple of days, the kids and I will all head back to school.  It's been a great couple of weeks and I was able to paint as often as I wanted to.  Truly felt like heaven to me.

The day I painted this was beautifully clear with a cool breeze coming across the lake from Canada.  Those distant  clouds came marching closer and closer until they filled the whole sky.  It didn't matter.  The colors of the sky and the water were fantastic; rich and pure.

Unlike some days when I head up to the beach in the summer, it was pretty deserted.  Only a few souls were brave enough to go into the water.  Most people there were content to just hang out on the sand.

Later, after it was dark, I decided to do a smaller version of the same scene based on the painting I did en plein air.  Both were such a joy to paint.

Beach Walkers  -  pastel, 4x6"
"Cool Day at the Beach"
pastel, 8x10"
sold


"Beach Walkers"
pastel, 4x6"
sold

No comments: