Friday, August 29, 2014

Irondequoit Creek In Summer

Irondequoit Creek in Summer  -  pastel, 8x10"
This was the second of two paintings done on Aug. 27th.  My easel was set in the same spot for both.  I just looked in different directions.  Economy of time and energy is a good thing.

The creek looked cool and inviting, but I had time restrictions to deal with, so I kept at it until it was time to pack it all up.

As I worked, several groups of people with kids stopped by to look.  I really enjoy talking to people about my work - especially kids.  They are genuinely interested and love the beautiful colors of the pastel sticks.

By the time I had finished the two paintings, I was beat.  I am always amazed at how tired I get at the end of a good day of painting.

Pastel, 8x10"
available

No comments: