Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hundred Acre Pond

"Hundred Acre Pond" - 4"x 6"  pastel  SOLD
When I was a little kid, my mom and dad would often take us to Mendon Ponds Park for a picnic and to swim at the beach located on one of the ponds.  I drove out there to look for a nice beach scene to paint and to reminisce a bit.  Well, guess what!?  No beach!  I could see where there had been one at one time, but grass had pretty much taken it over.  Probably the victim of county budget cuts or some other stupid thing that makes cool stuff go away.  I was disappointed, but I still have the memories.

This little painting was done on the other side of the pond from where the beach area was.  It really was a perfect day for painting.  I sat at a picnic table in the shade and enjoyed the light breeze that came from the west.  I pretty much had the place to myself.  I don't know what that purple flower was in the foreground, but I really liked it.

No comments: