Monday, August 19, 2013

Day at the Beach

Day at the Beach I - 4"x 6"  pastel  SOLD
I am fortunate to live only a few miles away from Lake Ontario.  The lake is very important to anyone who lives around here.  It's really a beautiful place, even though pollution has been an issue here for as long as I can remember.  It's still very lovely, especially on a hot summer day.

Day at the Beach II - 4"x 6" pastel  SOLD
Today I grabbed my gear and a blanket, sat down in the shade on the beach looking toward the west at Durand Eastman Park and painted "Day at the Beach I", then turned toward the the east and painted "Day at the Beach II".  I even put people in them.  (Most of my paintings look post apocalyptical)Didn't have to fight with my easel either.  It was a very enjoyable afternoon.

Both paintings are pretty small - 4"x 6" actually, and they look like old fashioned postcards to me.  I really like the fact that they fit right into a little ready-made frame.
SOLD


No comments: