Saturday, April 12, 2008

Neglect

I have been very neglectful about putting new posts here lately. (And I have a bunch of new paintings that I'd like to display, too.) Between cameras being dropped by my kids and the computer crashing a while ago, it's been tough to get the images photographed and uploaded. I will be working on that later this week.

Lately, I have been recycling a lot of my less successful paintings. That just means that if I didn't care for the way a painting came out, I brush off as much of the old painting image as I can and work over the old painting with a new one. I really enjoy painting over the old image or ghost of the old painting. First, it gives me a colored background to begin with instead of a blank page. I really hate starting with a white sheet of paper. It also appeals to my sense of frugality, I guess.

So keep an eye here as I get more paintings up on the blog!

No comments: