Monday, April 14, 2008

Lehigh Valley Trail

This trail used to be the Lehigh Railroad bed. On the day I was there, the snow was melting and the air was full of atmosphere as a late winter storm was approaching. The colors were very soft and muted.
Due to the humidity and isolated location, I painted in my car with only the radio on for company.  Unfortunately, when I was ready to go home, the car battery was dead.  Luckily for me, a workman in his van was there eating his lunch.  Neither of us had jumper cables, but he suggested that I just leave the car completely turned off for a few minutes, then try to start it again.  I did and miraculously it started right up!  What an adventure.

6"x9", framed size apprx. 11"x14"  Sold
Paintings come matted and framed under glass, ready for hanging.

2 comments:

Eden Compton Studio said...

This is beautiful Colette -- I love the subtle colors. I found your work through Casey Klahn's blog. Look forward to seeing more!

Colette Savage said...

Thank you for your lovely comments, Eden. I love to hear from other plein air pastel artists. I posted some new images yesterday if you'd like to take a look