Monday, May 25, 2015

Pastel and Plein Air Class Schedule

I am happy to announce that I will be teaching pastel painting this summer.  I love sharing the knowledge I have gained over the years, and teaching has given me the opportunity to spread that joy to a wider audience.  If you would be interested in learning about painting in pastel, please consider signing up for one of my classes.

In Pastel Painting I, I teach the basics - from testing papers and a wide variety of pastel brands, right on through to framing techniques, along with everything else in between.  These classes meet on five consecutive Monday evenings from 6:30 - 8:30 pm, July 20, 27 and Aug. 3, 10 and 17th.

Pastel II is for those of you who have some experience with pastel, but would like to experience pastel in more depth by trying new techniques.  Classes will take place on Thursday evenings, 6:30 - 8:30, July 23, 30, and August 6, 13 and 20th

Lastly, I will be teaching a beginner's class in plein air.  If you've ever thought you might like to try painting outdoors, on location, but felt unsure about what to expect, consider joining me on Saturday, July 18th and July 25 as we venture outside together.  All mediums are welcome.

All classes are through Irondequoit Community Education.  Their course description brochure will be up on-line any day now.  Click on the link to be directed to their home page.   Irondequoit Community Education or contact Barb Reardon at (585) 336-3014 for more information.

Summer is the perfect time to try something new.  I hope you'll consider learning with me!


No comments: