Sunday, October 20, 2013

Change of Weather


Change of Weather  -  5 x 7"  pastel SOLD

I was out painting this morning on a beautiful day with bright blue skies. This is the second of two paintings. Gradually, the clouds came in, the temperature began to drop and the wind really picked up.  Wasn't sure if I was going to get this done before I got really chilled.


I usually scan my smaller pastels for my own records.  I have noticed the scanned images don't look as nice as the real painting or the photographed image.  Not sure why.  The scan seems to catch every weird thing on the page and make it look even weirder.

So I put up a photo of the same painting as it appears under glass and framed.  Looks much better in the photo!

2 comments:

Tammy Kaufman said...

I think your paintings look lovely in the photos, with and without the frames! There is a beautiful "feeling" to your paintings - thanks so much for sharing them.

Tammy Kaufman said...

I think your paintings look gorgeous in the photos - with and without frames. They have such a wonderful "feeling" to them. Thanks so much for sharing them!